INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE OF DENTISTS (ICD)
The International College of Dentists is the Preeminent Global Dental Honor Society recognizing outstanding professional achievement and meritorious service while advocating for Humanitarian and Educational Initiatives. The college was incorporated in Washington DC on July 9 th , 1920. At present we have 14 sections all over the world and they include USA, Canada, Inter America (Mexico), South America, Europe, India, Japan, Australia, Philippines, Middle East, Korea, Taipei Section, China & Myanmar.
The India and Sri Lanka section which is section VI came into being on 1 st January, 1964 on the initiation of the Padma Bhushan awardee, late Dr. R. Ahmed as an autonomous section. The college was termed as India Section of the International College of Dentists with Head Office at New Delhi. Nepal was added to this section in 2005. Our section has 5 zones to carry its activities. The International College of Dentists India, Sri Lanka and Nepal section has about 450 Masters and fellows.
The college awards fellowship to the Dentists who have brought honour to the profession through devoted service, high ethical behavior, and have made significant contributions by way of participation in social causes. ICD inducts fellows every year through a very stringent process where the candidates after putting in their applications are screened by a committee and later approved by the Board of Regents for Induction into the college. The induction takes place at a formal Convocation every Year.
Humanitarianism: Foster measures for the prevention and treatment of oral disease by encouraging and supporting humanitarian projects.
Education: Contribute to the advancement of the profession of dentistry by fostering the growth and diffusion of dental knowledge worldwide.
International Professional Relations: Provide a universal international forum for the cultivation of cordial relations within the profession and to assist in preserving the highest perception of the profession worldwide.
Activities of the College
- Student Plaque Awards for all recognised Dental Institutions
- ICD Merit Awards, ICD Donor's Awards in different subjects of Dental Sciences and 1 st & 2 nd Prizes for ICD Essay Competition open to all Dental Surgeons of India.
- ICD organizes Scientific Sessions, Continuing Education Programmes, and Dental Camps for the public and School Dental Checkup.
- Conducts Zonal activities in different parts of the country for the fellows and Dental Surgeons, to interact with specialist in different fields of Dental Profession.
- Journal of International College of Dentists (JICD), a Bi Annual Publication of the ICD is a well accepted and sought after Journal for Dental colleges Researchers all
- over India and has also been recognized and rated high by the Dental Council of India.
- ICD in recent years has initiated Community Health Projects to bring quality Dentistry to the rural and under privileged Indian population